31 August 2023
New Vacancy - Apprentice Workshop Engineer
Company: Driffield Mobility Ltd
Role: Apprentice Workshop Engineer
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor/Manager
Direct Reports: 0
An opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join a team of engineers in Driffield. Driffield Mobility specialise in vehicle adaptations for disabled drivers and passengers. You will be working for a well established, reputable and friendly business. The ideal candidate will be interested in engineering, fabricating and motor vehicles. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
You will be working towards a level 3 qualification as an engineering fitter, this will entail learning how to install adaptations to vehicles; such as wheelchair/scooter hoists and driving adaptations. You will learn how to fit specialist equipment direct into the vehicles electrical wiring, make and use bespoke fabrications and gain the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and instructions. You will deal with our customers that need our adaptations to maintain their independence. Working with vehicles on a daily basis, you will be required to learn how to drive.
- Mechanical exposure working on vehicles
- Fabrication skills
- Electrical wiring
- Hand tools
- Health & safety
- Level 2 Engineering qualification
- Full driving license or working towards
- You will have good communication skills
- Keen interest in how vehicles work
- Previous customer service experience
- You will be computer literate
- Desire to learn
- You will have a comfortable working environment with a friendly team.
- In-house and external training will be provided.
- The Company believe in rewarding their staff well to retain and progress within the business.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity in the first instance please contact